ClamAV updates (Dag repository source)

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:38:47 UTC 2005

There have been a lot of questions about ClamAV updates lately, but I
don't get a lot of clarity from reading the responses. Seems like
everyone does ClamAV differently.

I installed ClamAV along with its related parts (clamav-milter, clamd,
clamav-db, clamav-devel) from the Dag repository. Dag's packages are a
bit more convenient to use than some others. I also set up yum to
update clam* against dag.

On Dag's page about his clam rpm's
(http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/), he says

"Most importantly, the virus database is kept up to date." What I
think he means is that by using yum and updating clamav-db, my virus
definitions will be kept up to date via yum. In other words, that I
should NOT use freshclam to manage virus definitions updates. Is that
correct?

Thanks,
Matt