winbind and system-auth (on FC3)

Basil Copeland blcjr2 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:35:09 UTC 2005

I'm trying to use winbind for authentication.  By all the usual
indices ("wbinfo -t, -u" and "getent passwd") windbind itself is
working.  So I used system-config-authentication to enable winbind.
But my winbind users are not able to log in.

When using system-config-authentication, shouldn't the
/etc/pam.d/system-auth file show some changes to support winbind?  I'm
not seeing any.  I know that the file is being opened and closed when
running system-config-authentication (or authconfig, for that matter),
but I'm not seeing any change in the contents of
/etc/pam.d/system-auth.

This is a brand new installation of FC3 with everying up to date with YUM.