LP->CD?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Tue May 17 16:51:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:17:12AM -0400, William Hooper wrote:

> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > I have a lot of old interesting LPs which I would love to have on CDs.
> > If somebody knows a way to play an LP into the PC and subsequently burn
> > it to a CD I am very interested in learning how to do it.
>
> LinuxJournal is usually a good resource.
>
> >From Vinyl to Digital
> By Tom Younker
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6628

An excellent resource.  The only thing I'd add is that if your turntable
has a mag phono cartridge, as most of the higher end ones did, it's output
level isn't high enough for the sound card.  You will want to run it into
a receiver with a "Mag Phono" input, and take the Tape Out from the
receiver into the Line In on the sound card.