Upgrade process from FC3 to FC4?

Chris Gramer cgramer at fastmail.fm
Wed May 18 01:21:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:40 -0700, "Jared Buck"
<JBuck814366460 at aol.com> said:

> You don't need to worry.  When you install FC4, the installer will
> detect your previous PC3 installation and ask you if you want to
> upgrade or remove the old install and start fresh.  It'll copy over
> only the files from the install CDs that are needed to upgrade your
> installation from FC3 to FC4.

> That answer your question?

Definitely.  :-)  Thanks!  FC3 is my first Linux install, so I wasn't
sure how slick their setup program was.  Sounds like it'll be a piece of
cake!  I had been considering trying out other distros, but if FC4 is
going to be that easy, I think I'll stick with FCx ("x" being 4, 5,
etc.).

--
  Chris Gramer
  cgramer at fastmail.fm