kerberos configuration for Samba Server

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:32:20 UTC 2005

Hey ,

Sorry for late replying.I checked few things on my FC3 machine
> wbinfo -t
> wbinfo -u
> getent passwd

for the 1 and 2 the results were right.But in case of 3rd only the
Linux accounts were shown.There were no entries for Windows accounts
in getent passwd.

> 2.  If you used a domain administrator account (i.e. in the Active
> Directory domain) to get the ticket for your Samba server, then you
> should be able to connect to the administrative shares on the Active
> Directory domain controller using smbclient without a password.  In
> other words, something like
>
> smbclient //ADserver/c$

I did this
kinit administrator at SUNUPDELHI.NET
it then asks for the password i gave the correct password.

I restarted smb and winbind service but when i tried to access this
smbclient //server1/c$ it asks for the password.

I am not able to access the shares without password.I can access the
shares after supplying the password but not without giving the
password.

Any clue regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover