FC 2/3 Backup

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed May 18 11:50:47 UTC 2005

> [snip]
> > > Have you contacted Veritas & if so, was their response useful?
>
> Tim, this is the most important thing anyone has said yet. Veritas
> supports Linux backup (we back up Debian and RH9 servers with Veritas,
> and the agent is distro-agnostic). They will help you get this
> installed if you call them. Since you note that you're new to Linux,
> this is probably your best source of help.

[Tim Holmes wrote]
Hi Matt:

Unfortunatly, I got the information from veritas:  I was on their direct
assistance website working live with a tech, and when I asked him about
a problem that I was having with the linux agent, I got a rather curt
response that the agent only supports RHEL ES 3 and AS 3 and 4, and then
a request to please exit direct assistance.

>From this exchange I am left to assume that they have no interest in
helping me solve this problem.  Is there another route that I should be
taking instead of the direct assistance route?

TIM