Sony Vaio PCG-GRT996VP sound - another go

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed May 18 11:51:52 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 10:08 pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > This is because ALSA coming with Fedora Core (2/3) has no alsaconf
> > - system-config-soundcard is to be used.
>
> Probably unfair of me,
> but I have always found system-config-soundcard quite useless.
> If the card is working, it tells me it is working.
> If it is not working, it tells me it is not working,

In my case, it detected the card okay, presumably updated some configs
before giving me the chance to play a test sound.

Unfortunately it made no difference as the sound still stutters.

I think this may have been now I configured it in the first place.

Any ideas what to do next?

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn