Java Crossword Puzzle Problem

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Thu May 19 12:38:44 UTC 2005

I'm running Fedora Core 3, Firefox 1.03 and Java jre1.5.0_02. When I
bring up the Washington Post Crossword puzzle, which is a java applet, I
cannot get letters to appear in the squares. I have had no trouble with
this in the past on other operating systems or older versions of Fedora.
I have experienced some weirdness under Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise
Linux with this crossword puzzle in the past. When I start the applet,
the first word gets filled in automatically. I haven't seen this
behavior under Mac OS or Windoze. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else
had seem similar problems, knew what caused the problem, and what the
solution is? I miss my nightly crossword puzzle.

Andrew Robinson