migrate from redhat9 to fc3

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu May 19 18:31:04 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Do, den 19.05.2005 schrieb Nina Pham um 20:13:
>

>>Hi, I have a redhat 9 server, I like to migrate to fc3. Is that possible
>>to do that? I search on the net for the instruction but found nothing.
>>anybody knows what step I need to take to migrate things from redhat 9
>>to fc?
>>

>http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html
>
>Alexander

Am do,

The above link is a means of using yum to perform a  "live upgrade"
which not really a supported method of upgrading from Red Hat Linux 9. I
would suggest doing a backup of your data, Install Fedora Core 3 and
restore it again. If not, do a backup and try upgrading it through the
CD/DVD upgrade method.  The following documentation on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 more or less applies to Fedora Core 3 too

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/

On the other hand, Fedora Core 4 is being scheduled for release on June
6th. You might want to wait a bit and upgrade to that instead. Fedora
has a relatively short release cycle. You might extend it using Fedora
Legacy project (http://fedoralegacy.org)  upto a period of 1.5 years or
so but still something worth considering

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

regards
Rahul