cc poster

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu May 19 21:36:51 UTC 2005

Dave Cross wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Bob Chiodini <rchiodin at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>A more technical observation/question:  On this list if I reply from
>>evolution the reply goes to the list.  On the Fedora-AMD64 list, if I
>>reply it's to the sender, unless I choose "reply to list", then it's to
>>the list, "reply to all" replies to both.  Can someone explain what
>>makes it different?
>

> On this list the mailing list software is changing the reply-to header
> so it points back to the list. On your other list the mailing list
> software leaves the reply-to header untouched.

In your reply, reply-to was set to both you and the list. It's pretty
annoying, and harder than it should be, to keep the discussion on-list
because if you reply to this and send me a copy as mailman suggests,
mailman will suppress the duplicate it sees and not send me a copy.
Then, my reply will, unless I notice and change the address, will only
go to you and not to the list. It seems to me that's broken behaviour.

Unless I change my preferences at the lists website, and that fixes the
problem only for me.

--

Cheers
John