FC4 and KDE : my hopes

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Fri May 20 02:45:23 UTC 2005

Jonathan Pickard wrote:

>[snip]
>

>>It would have been nice to have had the update for KDE to 3.4 sooner,
>>apperently alot of kde centric apps nolonger compile (easily at least)
>>against KDE 3.3.1 libs.
>>

>[snip]
>
>or you could go here http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ and get the latest rpms for kde. They are always up to date - and if you ask nicely you can sometimes get the kde beta releases in rpm as well.

I did this on my third machine. IT went through without a hitch I am
very satisfied. However I have been a bit quizy to do this on my main
desktop, as I fear loosing it for any amount of time right now. I did
this move to kde-redhat out of pure fustration as some apps I wanted
were giving hell to complie without KDE 3.4