FC4 and KDE : my hopes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri May 20 04:32:50 UTC 2005

Hi

> Fair enough. I have these updates. Unfortunaetly, at least two of
> applications currenty don't work.
> I stand corrected howver, having been looking for a version change all
> along.

If KDE has a new minor release, it most likely would be included with
Fedora as an update as the project has a design goal to be as close as
possible to the upstream version.  If that doesnt fix your bug then you
might consider reporting it to the Red Hat Bugzilla. If its a critical
fix, especially a data loser or a security fix it is likely to be fixed
through patches. However major version bumps within the same release is
kind of pushing the limits.  I am pretty sure there are party
repositories that does it for both GNOME and KDE and note that despite
your impression that Fedora is a GNOME centric project, a new major
version of GNOME hasnt been made available for Fedora Core 3 either. The
policy is the same for all packages included in Fedora

regards
Rahul