OT: Editor like CygnusEd on Amiga

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:35:05 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:01:56 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>

> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I am watching the list for some time now, but this is the first time I open a
> > topic. And it turned out to be off-topic... :-))
> >
> > Short version:
> >
> > Can anyone give me a recommendation about an editor that is as close as
> > possible (by look, feel and function) to the famous Cygnus Editor from the
> > old Amiga days?

I used to love CygnusEd on the Amiga and it was the one program I
really, really missed for a long time after I bid farewell to my
A3000T.  I eventually discovered vim and gvim, and haven't looked
back.  The learning curve is painful at first but the power is
undeniable.

Of course, a person's choice of editor can elicit responses of a
fervor not even matched by the most lively religous debate... :-)

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves