Error messages from yum install

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri May 20 18:39:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 19:00 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> I have just installed kdeadmin and the install (which appeared to work),
> generated the following errors:
>
> Installing: kdeadmin 100 % done 1/1
> /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libkdeinit_kcookiejar.so.#prelink#.kdh2ny
> is empty, not checked.

How old are these files with #prelink# in their names?

If they're very recent (today), then it's probably just a case that you
installed kdeadmin whilst prelink was running, and this is nothing to
worry about.

If they're old, perhaps your system crashed at some point whilst prelink
was running, and it's left all these temporary files behind, in which
case you can remove them.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>