OT: Editor like CygnusEd on Amiga

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat May 21 03:39:50 UTC 2005

On Fri May 20 2005 5:03 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> This thread caused me to wax nostalgic and wander out into the storeroom
> at home to look at my old computer stash.  And Lo!  Before my eyes were
> my beloved Amigas: A500, A600, A1000, A2000B, A3000 and an A3000T.  I
> also gazed wistfully at my Altair 8800, IMSAI 8080, Processor Tech
> SOL-20 and Poly-88.  Digging deeper found my old MicroVAX-1000e, my
> LSI-11/73 and several old VT-100s and VT-220s.

I'll go you one better, Rick. I still have an Amiga 500 in service in our TV
studio - it runs Broadcast Title off a floppy, and we use it generate
special-item knock-offs of shows with special titling needs that aren't worth
taking the time to take into an NLE or whatever - I exagerate slightly, in
that I think it was last used several months ago, but, it was in weekly use
up till then, and it's still in the production chain in one of our tertiary
suites.
I have often wondered where things might have gone if Commodore hadn't been
run into the ground by horrible front office decisions - if that platform had
gone through the development cycles that the Intel platform has been through,
with its amazing architecture that was so far ahead of its time....
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA