OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat May 21 18:07:26 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 12:45, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>All I would ask people discussing it here who
>>believe they have the right solution is to write a good proposal and
>>post it to fedora-devel list instead of endless arguing about it here.
>>

>Would any amount of discussion there result in the creation of
>install CD's containing a mix of packages from Core and Extras?

Well. actually yes. FC5 has planned support to include additional yum
repos during the installation phase. So it might be possible to let the
user choose to install stuff from both core and extras. In a way this
helps in updating packages from a previous release if the package has
moved into extras. As of now, if a packages are moved from core to
extras, upgrading from the previous release will break it

regards
Rahul