APM and/or ACPI

disguised.jedi at gmail.com disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Mon May 23 04:20:09 UTC 2005

On 5/22/05, Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek at mindspring.com> wrote:
> If your laptop supports ACPI suspend, then why not just use that?
/*
I would, but I couldn't find a place that told me how to do that.
Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.
*/

> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> ... should do it, though you might have to unload some modules and
> perhaps switch to a text terminal before suspending, depending on what
> kind of machine you have.
/*
That works, but it doesn't come up after I power it back on.  Maybe
I'm just not waiting long enough for it.  How would I go about
unloading any troublesome modules that may be causing this?  Are there
any modules known to cause this problem?  I'm not there right now, but
I can send the output of `lsmod` tomorrow.  Now, it's time for
sleep.........

I was thinking that writing a shell script that unloaded the modules
and then ran the command.  Then I'd execute that shell script from the
battery monitor applet.  Is that a good thing to do????

Thanks a lot!

disguised.jedi at gmail.com

PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free