Ubuntu & one CD Distributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon May 23 06:07:57 UTC 2005

Hi

>With CD's being so cheap, why not stick with the whole distribution on 4 CD's.
>I find that I really need packages from both the "core" and the extra
>packages no matter how I am setting up a machine. Saves a lot of time if I
>have the packages right here in front of me rather than having to search and
>download what I need.

Even when Fedora Core is at 4 CD's, you might have to download other
stuff you prefer from extras. If you really want everything in CD's, you
might volunteer to spin off Fedora Extras into ISO images. Whether
Fedora Core itself would just a single CD or more hasnt been decided
yet. That discussion will likely happen for  Fedora Core 5.

regards
Rahul