grub problem - please help!

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue May 24 08:50:39 UTC 2005

Around about 24/05/05 00:30, akonstam at trinity.edu typed ...
> Why exactly do you want the grub on the CD. Why don't you boot with a
> rescue disk and  place the grub on hd0?

   I /thought/ it'd be the simplest solution;  will the rescue CD let me
boot up using the HD grub info. then?  I'll have to try that.  I /have/
installed grub into (hd0,4), but heving been given that option, there's
a dearth of info. on how to actually get back at it (without touching
the MBR).

   The windows install on (hd0,0) has been ... 'tinkered with', so that
the standard NT bootloader doesn't run (i.e., I can't use the trick that
lets me add Linux to that).  That's the only method I've seen referenced
that uses a non-MBR grub install.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature