ACPI is wrong in 2.6.11 kernels !

TRANCHEMER, Stéphane stephane.tranchemer at devinci.fr
Tue May 24 18:06:02 UTC 2005

I made more tests with differents kernels and something interesting came out
making me think definitely that something is really wrong in kernels 2.6.11
series :

when booting with the acpi=off kernel argument here are the results :

2.6.10-1.770_FC3smp boots OK

2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp crash after APIC and agpgart initializing

2.6.11-1.27_FC3smp crash after APIC and agpgart initializing (same place)

I took a photo of the screen when crashing, viewable at
http://stranche.free.fr/crash-boot-2611.jpg