Yum problem with unsigned packages

Ian Puleston ian at underpressuredivers.com
Wed May 25 16:51:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to use yum for the first time. It's working fine on the
whole, but if I try to yum update everything it complains about some modules
not being signed and bombs out. One such is kernel-devel and I can easily
and quickly provoke that one by typing:

yum update kernel-devel

After the download (which is now in the cache so doesn't get re-downloaded)
I get the following and it stops:

  unsigned package kernel-devel-2.6.11-1.1341_FC4.i686.rpm

Is there some way to have it allow unsigned packages to be installed, or to
keep going and install the other modules after this error.

Ian