Installing Fedora 3 on a USB hard disk;

Mirco Scaramucci mircobeaker at hotpop.com
Thu May 26 17:40:12 UTC 2005

Hello everybody.
As I upgraded my computer to a definately faster Dell Optiplex GX270 I
find myself faced with the problem of having no internal room for
additional hard drive.
Therefore I had to come up with an alternative to be able  to have at
present, while waiting for Fedora 4, a dual boot with horrible windows XP.
So I decided to connect my spare hard drive via USB to find that fedora
doesn't even remotely see it during installation.
All   the BIOS settings are correct  and ready for USB boot but fedora
still refuses to see it.
Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
Is there a thread in this forum relating to this issue? If yes can
anyone send me the link.

Thanks

Mirco