No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Fri May 27 13:10:20 UTC 2005

From: "Truls Gulbrandsen" <trulsg at broadpark.no>
Subject: Re: No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

> Hi,
> I did this once from FC2 to FC3 and ended up with a lot of double
> installed packages.  To remove, I found the best way was to use synaptic
> and deinstall those with the lowest version no.  However, some critical
> packages had to be removed using yum.

A lot stories on google. Some people say no problems, some people says minor
but solving troubles, some people says never again this way.

I think I just do the job and see where it ends, because a lot people have
different results.
I just dont get it why redhat never solved this kind of trouble or develope
the distro's that it is easy to upgrade to a newer distro. I use redhat from
version 5.0. Most of the time in the past just to discover linux. But i see
always the main problem after a new distro release that people have upgrade
problems.

Anway thanks for the answers. Let's discover my story on FC2>FC3 :-)

Danny