No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri May 27 14:14:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 03:43:23PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > knowledge of things that need to be done (e.g. on FC4 it will remove the
> > i386 version of perl on x86_64 installs), information that isn't
> > available to yum or apt.
> Well, that's what I call broked design.

Maybe. It's easy to call things broken in retrospect. However, much of the
"magic" that anaconda does is outside of the scope of individual packages.
It drags along knowledge like "hey, if you had mozilla installed before, you
probably want firefox installed now, even though the two packages can
coexist just file", and also "hey, lvm1 needs to be converted to lvm2".