xorg-x11 error during FC3 installation

Ramani Arunachalam rarunach at gmail.com
Sun May 29 07:03:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I downloaded fc3 isos, burnt cds and started installing. But it gets
stuck in between with the error "Unable to open xorg-x11-6.8.1.12" in
disc2. I did check the md5sums after downloading. I used Nero to burn
the CDs and did "linux mediacheck" on the first CD. I have tried
burning another CD also for disc2 but it wouldn't help. The
installation just halts there and there's no option to cancel. Is
there any way to do mediacheck on disc2 before installing? Also, if
anybody has faced this error before, could you pls tell me how you
handled it?

thanks
Ramani
(The only unique thing about my installation is that I chose an Indian
language (Tamil) as the default language but I am not sure that
shouldn't matter).