Yum and EXTRAS

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 30 17:53:41 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 30.05.2005 schrieb Steve Lawrence um 19:45:

> Greetings all.

Hi Steve - welcome!

> New user to Fedora, so far I like it a lot!
>
> Have one question, does it make sense to add the Fedora Extras to the
> yum configuration? I so far have release and update in there.

> Steve

It makes perfect sense to add Fedora Extras to your yum configuration.
Many applications went from Core to Extras, so at least from FC4 onwards
you would easily miss some things when not using the Extras repository.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:51:19 up 6 days, 18:28, load average: 1.42, 1.20, 0.74