Madwifi on Fedora Core 3

disguised.jedi at gmail.com disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:55:07 UTC 2005

On 5/30/05, Bill Johnson <bill at johnsonacres.com> wrote:
> OK... I'm tearing my hair out on this one.  I recently upgraded from
> Fedora Core 1 (actually, it was a clean install) to Fedora Core 3.  I
> use a Netgear HA501 (80211.A) wireless card, which I had working under
> Core 1.  It took me weeks at that time, as I recall, and was easily the
> closest I've come to giving up on Linux.  Now, I'm in the same boat.
> I've spent hours searching for every error message on Google, tried to
> use the #MADWIFI irc channel (got no response), and still cannot get it
> to work.
>
> SO... is there anybody on this group who has this working with Fedora
> Core 3, and would be willing to correspond with me to get it working?
> If I plug my mepis CD in, the thing works perfectly.  But for some
> reason, it is stumping me with FC3.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Bill J.
>
> --

Basically, you need to download the snapshot, extract it, do a "make"
and then "make install".  After that, /sbin/modprobe ath_pci and
reboot.  Kuduzu will detect your card and set it up, then you can use
system-config-network or NetworkManager in GNOME to set it all up.

I'm using it now, and it's working just fine.  I'm still trying to
figure out how to use wpa_supplicant with NetworkManager, but my
network hasn't upgraded to that, so I should be OK.  Err--For a
while.....

--
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free