FC3 on a VirtualPC needs PPTP support...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 31 21:42:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:15:04 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:

>> What does this mean?
>> bash?
>> command not found?
>
>That the command "modprobe" is not in the user's $PATH. It really has
>been beaten to death here on the list, the discussion about "su" versus
>"su -".

Well, I am not really a Linux user, just forced by circumstances to
get a Linux box operational for development and I need to get PPTP VPN
working for that.
After doing su - I was able to run modprobe and it reported success.

>A warning is not an error. The rpm install warned you about not knowing
>the GPG key the RPM is signed with. Run "rpm -qi pptp" and you'll see
>that the package is installed.

I hoped for the best and just continued and the packages seemed to be
installed.

>> The next step using yum does not work at all, it complains about GPG
>> public keays and suggests a command to install them which did not
>> work.

I backtracked to a previous thread and found out how to import keys
and after that I could do yum update yum and now I am fine... :-)

>Alexander

Thanks for your pointer on su -

Bo Berglund