request to add usb mass-storage compatible camera to gphoto2 rpm

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:23:23 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble getting Fedora to automatically recognize and make
mountable (create proper devices and add to /etc/fstab) my [usb
mass-storage compatible] digital camera. I am assuming the best way to
get this to work properly would be to add it to the database that HAL
searches when identifying devices.

If this _is_ the case, I would like to have my camera added to the
file described below. Please advise on who/what list to contact or if
I should file a bug, or what other action(s) I should take to include
data for this particular camera in the gphoto2 package.

The file I'm proposing a change to is
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty/10-camera-libgphoto2.fdi ,
(again, it belongs to the gphoto2 rpm). I'm using gphoto2-2.1.5-9.

Here are the relevant lines that need to be added for the Leica
Digilux 1 camera:

      <match key="usb.vendor_id" int="0x04da">
        <match key="usb.product_id" int="0x2373">
          <merge key="info.category" type="string">camera</merge>
          <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">camera</append>
          <merge key="camera.access_method" type="string">libgphoto2</merge>
        </match>
      </match>

A more detailed explanation of the specific problem I'm encountering
is here: http://www.ratemyimplants.com/home?browse&mode=top_25 . The
manifestation of the problem is that /dev/sda1 is not mountable.

Again, if this is the wrong forum, I apologize... please let me know
where this topic would be more welcome.