FC4 does not work, "out of the box" for me; GUI/X11 fails

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 1 05:56:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 08:26 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> I actually read an interview with one of the nVidia head honcho's and
> this issue was raised.  Due to licensing restrictions placed on them
> by chip manufacturers and other coders, they cannot release any code.

This sounds like a cop out.  They're the ones in a position to dictate
terms to their coders and chip suppliers.

Who else but to nVidia can a chipset manufacturer sell custom nVidia
chips?  And they'll be selling generic chips to any manufacturer, so
what's to hide in that regards.

Write code for nVidia, and you obey their directives.  Be difficult, go
and write for someone else.

I read messages from the public lists.