internet access via a wireless phone ?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Nov 1 21:18:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Kevin Kempter wrote:

> Hi List;
>
> I'm working at a client site which has decided to take extreme measures
> so they can continue to use insecure M$ products. The latest is that
> they have shut down virtually all external internet access outside of
> their intranet.

they can save some money by not purchasing internet access...

> Is there a way I could use my treo phone to allow my laptop running FC3
> to connect to the internet ?

If your treo has bluetooth (a 650) you can use it connect your laptop to
your cell providers databearer service. That can get pretty expensive in a
hurry unless they have a cheap all-you-can-eat data service, tmobile's is
basically the cheapest in the US, but they only have edge in a small
number of markets.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu