Spurious keyboard repeats with Kernel 2.6.13-1532 and 2.6.14-1633

Dan Hensley dan at dshensley.com
Tue Nov 1 22:38:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 05:36 +1000, Gavin Graham wrote:
> OK. Here we go again....
> Is anyone still having problems here with this happening with any kernel
> newer than 2.6.13-1526?
> There are two bugzilla jobs for this #171554 & 55223 and people are
> still having problems even with the 2.6.14 kernel in testing.

I updated to 2.6.14-1633 this morning, and so far my keyboard has been
working nicely.  I booted without any of the modifier options.  I spent
a little time exercising the CPUs to try to get it into a situation
where it used to get the keyboard going, but so far so good.  My clock
has been behaving as well.

So I can't say definitively that I'm not having any problems with the
new kernel, but so far it's quite promising.

FYI, my hardware is Gigabyte K8N Pro-SLI with AMD X2 3800+.

Dan