Why Fedora ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 2 15:52:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 14:23 -0800, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> Or perhaps the much too frequent updates to SELinux that have been
> known to break machines as well (leading to many people disabling
> SELinux to avoid having their systems rendered unusable randomly by
> system updates).

Although I personally feel that SELinux is the wrong way to fix things
(like firewalls to protect you from bad software, instead of improving
the software), I have it running to see how it goes.  It slows one of my
PCs down a bit too much, compared to using it with it disabled.

I am curious as to whether these infamous problems are due to the
updated rule sets (which we ought to be able to do on our own, like
iptable rules), or down to the other programming behind SELinux?

I read messages from the public lists.