PPTP arp problem

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Wed Nov 2 18:01:54 UTC 2005

I have an arp problem

I am configuring PPTP (poptop)
(I know its not supposed to be secure enough but my friend wants to use it)

I have a firewall

Vpn client -eth0- (vpn) -firewall- eth1--> local lan 192.168.0
                                 \- wlan0 --> wireless local lan 192.168.1

The problem is when the vpn is establish and the wlan0 is up and running the
Arp table shows the wlan0 interface for the vpn and I cannot ping thru on
the vpn.
When I shut off the wlan0 the arp table is correct and I can ping from the
client to the local lan.

Has anyone run into this problem with a fix????