still struggling with ndiswrapper

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Nov 3 00:45:04 UTC 2005

> Other things that might interfere are mode, channel (I think 1-12, but 6
> is usually the default for the AP), and maybe others.
> I usually try to get the connection without encryption, then enable
> encryption later.

Woo-hoo. It made a connection when I turned WEP off. Now the question is
what am I doing wrong with that? I know I have the key right on the
command line. I have my router setup to use 128bit WEP. When I look at
iwconfig, it does look kind of funny, because it shows the key split
into groups of 4, like abcd-wxyz-1234 etc, and it ends with just two
characters after the last dash.

Thanks so far!

James