Farsync V.35 Card with FC4 (or Kernel 2.6.x)

Vidol Loeung fedora.kh at undp.org
Thu Nov 3 10:23:03 UTC 2005

Dear All:

I've been trying to configure the FarSync V.35 PCI card with 2 ports to work
on Fedora Core 4. The card comes with a module for Linux, but need to
compiled and loaded into the kernel with HDLC support. I followed the card's
manuals which include kernel rebuild for FarSync support but failed to make
it work. I hope, someone here has used the same card and could guide me
through the steps to make it work.

My questions are:

- What is the proper way to re-compile the kernel that comes with Fedora
Care 4?
- What do I need to enable in the kernel for the card to work?

Regards,
Vidol