YUM Parse Error

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Thu Nov 3 15:00:10 UTC 2005

> > please, what is causing this error.? Cheers.
> >
> > Setting up Install Process
> > Setting up Repos
> > addons                    100% |=========================|
> 951 B    00:00
> > dag                       100% |=========================|
>   0 B    00:00
> > //var/cache/yum/dag/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty
> >
> > ^
> > //var/cache/yum/dag/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Start tag
> expected, '<'
> > not found
> >
> > ^
> > Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dag
> > Error importing repomd.xml from dag: Error: could not parse file
> > //var/cache/yum/dag/repomd.xml

I have hit this error on and off in the past week or so.  I
found that by using a different base URL, such as:
baseurl=http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
The problem cleared up.  I tried giving a list of URL's in the
baseurl field but started getting strange results (don't remember exactly what)
so I backed off that idea.

This is how I am set up right now.  I left the other mirrors in for reference.
I found the mirrors poking around the internet.  I cannot vouch for the
commented out mirrors.

cat dag.repo
[dag]
name=Dag for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
#        http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/,
#        http://rh-mirror.linux.iastate.edu/pub/dag/dries/fedora/fc$releasever/$basearch/dries/RPMS/,
#        http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/dries/RPMS/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-dag
#gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna