still struggling with ndiswrapper

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Nov 3 16:59:30 UTC 2005

> What do you mean by 'tied to wlan0'?  Does assigning the ip address to
> wlan0 also assign an address to wifi0?  or something else?
>
> If both are trying to handle the same physical device then certainly you
> should remove the one you are not using.  That will remove the
> possibility of interference.  I don't believe the madwifi driver is able
> to handle the broadcom chipset you have.

Yeah, I have a DWL-G650 I was trying to use with madwifi.

Hard to explain the wifi0 thing. In the Network applet there are two
things listed for wireless:
Device	Nickname
wlan0	wlan0
wlan0	wifi0

Thing is, if I deactivate one, they both deactivate. That's what I meant
by tied somehow. I'll try and clean that up, although I don't think that
is affecting the wep stuff.

Yes, I took the web key directly from my router's admin page and pasted
it into the file and also on the command line. I'll keep playing with it
after getting rid of wifi0 somehow.

Thanks,
James