Looking for an easy way of making a iso DVD

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 3 18:23:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 17:21 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

> > > Thanks, Bob and John. K3b seems to be useless, as one needs a ready
> > > iso file, and what I am looking for, it is a simple way of producing
> > > the iso file.
> >
> > In k3b click on  File> New Project > New Data DVD Project
> >
> > Drag and drop your files to the DVD window and then when you click
> > burn, only create the ISO.
> >
> > Done it and it works.
> >
> > If you mean a DVD as in Movie with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS
> > directories, that is authoring the DVD more than creating the ISO.
>
> True, k3b does produce an iso DVD, however not bootable... Can one use
> k3b to make it bootable when copied into a DVD disk?
>
> Paul

Paul,

"Easy" probably not.  Supposedly mkisofs can create DVD iso images, but
I've never tried it.  Take a look at the man pages for mkisofs and
mkbootdisk.  There is an explanation on making bootable CDs (man
mkisofs), but it's rather complicated (at least to me).

I did not see a k3b option, but not all of the options are displayed
running it under gnome.

Sorry not much help.

Bob...