Why Fedora ?

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Thu Nov 3 19:12:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:17:24PM +0100, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> > Please don't top post.
>
> i now responded the same way you did... you will see that its not
> easier to read than a top post. id even say harder. my suggestion is
> to use a better mail client or submit proper feature requests
> upstream.

It's FAR easier.  It's like reading a conversation...  Posting this
way makes it blindingly obvious what points you're responding to, and
makes it much less likely to be confusing or ambiguous.  It also
encourages people to trim the parts of the message they are not
replying to, which is a big waste.

Personally, I think if you're going to top post, you may as well not
quote the original message at all... it serves no purpose.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/