wget inability of downloading certain files

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:30:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 11:36, tlc wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 17:24 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> > Yes.. he can easily have the same wrong idea that you do about bash
> > and
> > the need for quoting, thus causing unexpected behaviour.
>
> whatever dude, I am telling you I use wget all the time with out the ""
> for & and I get the BEHAVIOR I expect, and you don't need to be
> insulting with your obnoxious snide comments. God I hate Brits.

I don't have any idea how to parse that.  Does that mean you expect
that an unquoted & on a shell command line will put the process
in the background and be removed before passing the rest of the
command to the program?  Or are you using something other than a
shell to accept and run the command?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com