[FC4] Audio no longer works after upgrade from FC 1

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Nov 3 21:58:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:53:43PM -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> hey all,
>
> I know this was handled *somewhere*, but I can't find it. I am trying to
> use the Alsa mixer to pipe audio from a weather radio into my computer to
> broadcast out on a web server. After the FC 4 upgrade, there's no
> sound...the input appears to be at zero. I have been going through the
> Alsa mixer over the last half hour, trying to get it working, to no avail.
> can someone help me out here? Thanks!

Which channel are you using for the radio input? At the bottom of that
channel and the output channel you are using do you fins MM or 00? It
should be 00, and hit M to change it if it is MM. What level do you
have in these channels, and have you properly adjusted the channels
with the arrow keys? These things normally are the difference between
sound and silence.

As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name.
		-- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University