[FC4] Audio no longer works after upgrade from FC 1

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Thu Nov 3 23:51:20 UTC 2005

Hello Aaron,

>> I know this was handled *somewhere*, but I can't find it. I am trying to
>> use the Alsa mixer to pipe audio from a weather radio into my computer to
>> broadcast out on a web server. After the FC 4 upgrade, there's no
>> sound...the input appears to be at zero. I have been going through the
>> Alsa mixer over the last half hour, trying to get it working, to no avail.
>> can someone help me out here? Thanks!
>>
> Which channel are you using for the radio input?

I am using the line-out from the radio to the line-in to my computer. It
worked 4 hours ago, before I upgraded FC 1 to FC 4.

>At the bottom of that
> channel and the output channel you are using do you fins MM or 00? It
> should be 00, and hit M to change it if it is MM. What level do you
> have in these channels, and have you properly adjusted the channels
> with the arrow keys? These things normally are the difference between
> sound and silence.

I used aumix (which shows all is well), and Alsa. I can hear system
sounds, bells and dings and the like, but no weather radio coming form
line in on the PC. I verified that my current install of icecast and
darkice are working.

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***