Belkin Wireless G network Card not recognized;

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 4 12:02:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 16:59 +0000, Mirco Scara wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> Just purchased a brand new Belkin G desktop wireless pci card but
> unfortunately fedora 4 doesn't recognize it at all.
> I checked with the hardware browser to see if it was recognized but no
> mention of it.
> I tried several different set up with the network setup wizard but to no
> avail.
> I phoned Belkin and they informed me that there should be a driver on a
> phantom website called www.linuxanp.com and the driver is called the
> broadcom BCM9402.
> I have been looking for it everywhere but can't find it.
> Has anybody ever had any success with this card?
> Can anybody point me in the right direction.
> I still haven't received my wireless router from my internet provider as
> yet therefore I'm still using my integrated ethernet card+ router with
> wires.
>

> Thanks a lot.
>

> Mirco

Mirco,

More than likely the Belkin rep meant www.linuxant.com.  IIRC Linuxant
is similar to ndiswrapper and uses the windows driver.

Ndiswrapper is free at ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net.  It requires the
driver from the windows disk that came with the card.  Judging by the
traffic on this list about ndiswrapper, your mileage may vary.

Your best bet may be to return the card to the dealer and find one that
is properly supported.  Google turned up this site:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

It looks like there is a list of compatible cards.  There are other
sites that provide lists, as well.

Bob...