still struggling with ndiswrapper

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Nov 4 15:28:51 UTC 2005

> The key entry in keys-wlan0 should be like
> 	KEY='the_entire_key_here'
>
> the key must be exactly as displayed in the AP with no abcd-efgh-  type
> structure.  It is case sensitive and must be the exact number of
> characters (yes, the - is a character).  I use copy/paste with my web
> browser interface to the AP to capture it and put it into the
> configuration file for the adapter.

At this point I don't know what to say. I know I'm doing this
correctly.
-My key in my AP's configuration has 26 characters.
-It will only allow me to use upper case.
-I've directly copied and pasted the key.
-FC4's network applet will also only use upper case.
	-entered with 0x in front
-FC4's network applet correctly updates keys-wlan0.
	-file has KEY=[the key] WITHOUT the 0x
-My router id a DLink DI624

Is there any type of ndiswrapper debugging that can be turned on?
I know the key works since I have a windows machine connected using the
same key. I've also tried changing the key to something else.

It's works great without encryption, and even though wep kind of sucks,
it's at least not wide open. Sorry to those of you that are helping but
getting frustrated. I'm right there with you.

Thanks,
James