Disabling Power Saving/APM in FC3

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Nov 4 19:29:59 UTC 2005

List members,

How do I configure the power saving/APM options in FC3?  I've taken a
look on the internet and the suggestions range from BIOS settings to
kernel parameters to kernel builds with specific flags to setterm
commands to X configurations.

Specifically, I am looking to completely disable all power saving
features such as screen blanking and disk spin-down.  The machines will
generally be in text mode, but X is used on them occasionally with KDE.

I would prefer to know how to do this at the command line or BIOS (if
necessary) level, but if the configuration can be achieved through KDE
that would suffice.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions