disk image

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Nov 5 14:38:21 UTC 2005

On 5 Nov 2005 at 13:49, Eric Tanguy wrote:

From:           	Eric Tanguy <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
To:             	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date sent:      	Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:49:14 +0100
Subject:        	disk image
Send reply to:  	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
	<mailto:fedora-list-request at redhat.com?subject=subscribe>

> I tried to make a disk image from a multi partition disk with ghost 8.2.
> This disk has winxp and fc4 in LVM. Each time i tried it the image stops
> on FC4 LVM boot partition saying it can't read it. Someone is aware of
> that ?
> Is there any gpl tool to do that ?
> Thanks

Norton Ghost would work up till version Fedora Core 2, then it would
fail on the newer partion. Both G4U and G4L work fine with the FC3
and FC4, since they are dd compressed images. I just updated the
G4L to version 0.17 which has the 2.6.13.4 kernel.

> --
> Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
> <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
> Key : A4B8368F | Key Server : subkeys.pgp.net
> Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) sur athlon kernel 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
>

> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  18,479
Processing time:  32 years,  90 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes
(Total Hours: 282,501)