I'm an open relay and I can't stop

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Sat Nov 5 15:45:28 UTC 2005

I am running a server with Fedora core 1, using sendmail-8.12.10-1.1.1. We
added proxsmtp to one of our firewalls, so it intercepts mail before
sending it on to the mail server. Unfortunately, the box is acting as a
relay server now, even though it is set up properly. We are running a
192.168.0, class C internally. I have to add the network in
/etc/mail/access, or users get relaying not allowed messages, but  this
allows the proxsmtp box to act as a relay. Is there to prevent this, but
still allow local users to send mail through the server?

Raymond