Linux Router with Firewall

David-Paul Niner dpniner at dpniner.net
Sun Nov 6 22:02:05 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 13:07 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:

>>>----
>>>this is a bit afield from OP's question but I have found ipcop
>>><http://www.ipcop.org> to be a better system than smoothwall.
>>>

>>It may be somewhat better in ways, but it has an annual fee associated
>>with it.
>>

> ----
> maybe I'm stupid but all I have seen is GNU GPL license and have never
> seen annual fee (I am presuming we are talking ipcop). Am I missing
> something?
>
> Craig

Whether or not there is an annual fee associated with ipcop I cannot
say, but I do know that releasing software under the GPL and charging an
annual support fee are not mutually exclusive propositions.

Please forgive me if that was not what you were implying.

Just an observation,
DP

--
David-Paul Niner, RHCE