Cannot gain access to Webmin

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net d.terweij at nettuning.net
Mon Nov 7 14:03:25 UTC 2005

From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 13:40 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> > I use the following address to get access to Webmin:
> > http://localhost.localdomain:10000/
> > However, I am getting a pop-up window telling me that the above site
> > cannot be found.
> 1. Is webmin running?

# ps ax | grep webmin

> 2. Does localhost.localdomain resolve?
> http://localhost:10000

or try : http://127.0.0.1:10000
or try : https://127.0.0.1:10000

I ever installed webmin manual from the rpm on their package.
When i used dag as repo it replaced the original webmin and didnt work at
all. After manual editing the config and miniserv.conf it did start again.
The unwanted change was that SSL was enabled by default on the dag packages.
I turned it back to SSL=0 and i did not have to change all my bookmarks :)

Danny